Anyone using a Virtual Assistant for the first time, you may be wondering what tasks are typically assigned to a VA. Look no further we have a list of tasks you can outsource to your VA.
Here is a selection of some of the typical tasks that a Virtual Assistant may have to offer. What she offers, however, will obviously reflect on her skills and talents, but most good VAs will certainly offer the following:
- Word Processing: Today’s word processing assignments are a far different kettle of fish to how they were up to the turn of the 90s. But once the advent of the PC was introduced to our day-to-day office activities, typists’ roles have taken on a whole new meaning. No longer are they expected to produce simple documentation, they are now required to produce a wider variety of work.
- Proofreading: Why not have your outgoing material double-checked by a proofreading expert. This is probably the best investment you are likely to make. It will ensure that your copy offers excellent communication value commensurate with a successful company.
- Editing and Formatting: This is the process of making sure your work is as attractive and presentable as possible. Such work could be a business plan for your bank manager, an application for services from another company, or how about contract work when the wording has to be very clear and exact. Are you able to present documentation that is free of errors, typos, grammatical errors? Do your documents also look very presentable? This is the time to make sure that everything your company puts out looks as professional as possible.
- Copy Writing: What is copywriting? Copywriting is the art of assembling words on paper in such a way that they persuade or convince the reader to act in a certain way. It should be used for sales letters, marketing documentation, and other material where the reader is persuaded to respond in a certain way.
- Technical Writing: Technical writing is used when constructing manuals, technical specification sheets, and other forms of descriptive text pertaining to product detail, usage, and reference data. Very often, products are required to be broken down into technical specifications so that manuals can be assembled and made reader-friendly.
- Internet Research: If you need to do research particularly desktop research the services of an experience VA come in handy. Internet research specialists with many years of experience work with small businesses to assist them when they require information that is not readily available or known about.
- Web Page Content: If you want to get visitors to your site, and keep them there, then you have to have good, relevant content to all your pages and make sure they complement each other. You cannot just slap any old content on your web site and expect the search engines to find it. It just doesn’t happen like that anymore.
- Small business: Basic Web Design – If your small business website does not have the information the searcher is requesting, then you are simply not going to show up in the results of his search. In other words, if your web page does not contain relevant info, then you’re are pretty much overlooked by the search engines – regardless of how good you think your keyword placement is. Having the correct keywords on your page is simply not enough anymore.
- Bookkeeping | Accounting | Bean Counter: Ah, the very heart of any business – the bean counter – who rarely gets credit for his/her bookkeeping skills. Are you tired of being stuck with the books instead of being out there making money? You could hire a Virtual Assistant bean counter.
- Data Entry: Data entry can take many hours of your time that could be better spent elsewhere. Why not consider a Virtual Assist to do your data entry for you? This would leave you free to concentrate on the business end of making money. Data entry can start in basic form like adding sales leads to a data base, updating your client list from recent sales, making spreadsheet entries for you, filling in online forms and many other mundane tasks. Hiring a virtual assistant you can trust to do this for you ensure you get the work done quickly and affordably.
- Admin support: Support is when you are so busy that you need a little help with your office work that is piling up with nobody to do it – and you finally decide to outsource it to a trustworthy virtually assistant. This means that you can assign any work you wish to your Virtual Assistant and he/she will complete this work for you – wherever she happens to operate from – and when done, he/she simply sends it back to you. Most communication takes place over the Internet and generally via email and attachments.
- Real Estate Info: VAs are also able to help real estate specialists who prefer not to take on the additional staff to take care of the extra work involved. Many realtors have plenty of business and such business attracts plenty of admin work and the endless paperwork of any type of real estate transaction. With knowledge of real estate, including short sales and bank-owned sales, VA’s can assist real estate agents who are rushed off their feet. This may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Check out how a Virtual Assistant can help your business while saving you time and money.